Although it is not officially summer yet, you can prepare for the warmer weather with this recipe for PG Tips Iced Tea with Fruit. This recipes serves about 4 to 6 people and take about 15 minutes (the day before).
* 1 ½ litres of spring water
* 200 grams of brown caster sugar (about 1.5 cups)
* 2 untreated lemons
* 1 untreated lime
* 4 untreated oranges
* 1 untreated pomelo (substitute is a grapefruit)
* 4 cloves
* ¼ teaspoon of mixed spice
* 1 pinch of nutmeg
* 2 PG Tips Tea Bags (or teaspoons of PG Tips Loose)
Carefully wash the pieces of fruit, then wipe them dry. Cut them into thin slices without peeling them. Put them in a bowl with the cloves, mixed spice and nutmeg. Sprinkle with sugar. Heat the water to 85°C and pour in the tea; leave to infuse for 3 – 4 minutes then pour the hot tea over the fruit. Leave to soak overnight at room temperature. Before serving, pass through a sieve, squeezing the fruit to extract all the juice.